What you study
The Academy provides an exciting platform to explore your areas of interest, while assisting you to gain NCEA Levels 1, 2 and 3. In a typical day, you will begin with breakfast at 7:30am, and set periods throughout the day which will focus on numeracy, literacy, project based learning, as well as a PT session in the early afternoon. You will have the opportunity to learn robotics, coding, as well as pursue a vocational pathway, which may be in Civil Construction, or something else of your choosing. Your day will finish at 4:30pm with karakia.
How you study
You will be supported throughout your time at the Academy, by an team of awesome Pou Arahi (teachers), and Pou Whenua (coaches). Your Whānau classroom Pou Arahi will work with you on your individual learning plan, to make sure that you have a clear pathway to success in achieving NCEA Levels 1, 2 and 3.
Pou Whenua are available to talk with you, especially to provide support if you have anything you would like to discuss with them about yourself, and your environment. A nurse is also available at the Academy, to assist you if you have any health concerns.
Our student graduates are expected to demonstrate:
Positive Sense of Wellbeing
- self confidence and personal awareness
- attention to personal health and fitness
- strategies for self management and self improvement
- consideration for others in whanau and wider community
- positive involvement as a community member
- pride in identity and who they represent
- confidence to engage in kaupapa Maori
- connected to whakapapa, heritage and culture
Confident and Competent
- a future focus
- core competency in literacy and numeracy
- financial awareness
- capable and responsible use of digital technology
- collaborative and leadership qualities
- effective problem solving